This weekend we went to the annual "Corn Fest" in Enterprise. Wow. Very small town. It was fun though- we got to see Kori and Adam's new house. It is beautiful and sooo big! We loved it.
So, we had to speak in church on Sunday. I get so nervous speaking in front of people, as I think most people do. Tyler wasn't nervous though. He says that going on a mission pretty much deletes any nerves you have when speaking about the church in front of large groups. I can see how a mission would do that to a person. Anyway, it was good to get it over with. Both sets of parents were there and Brian too! I'm just glad it is over and now I don't need to worry about speaking again for another year or two (hopefully). I think that is the unwritten rule isn't it? Once you speak, they can't (shouldn't) ask you to speak again for a few years. I hope this ward follows that rule...
We met our new neighbor last night. Her name is Tara. She came over with her baby girl Chloe to say hi. I feel guilty that I haven't been over to introduce myself and that she had to do it, but oh well. Her husband wasn't there but his name is Obi- short for Obadiah. Cute family.
Well Melissa is officially moved into her new apartment down at college. I hear the apartment is really nice and she is so excited to be in a college town again. Me, Tyler and Chelo are going down to visit her for the day next Saturday. We are catching a ride with Brian and Jordan who are going to the BYU game. For all of our sakes (and Jordan's health), I hope BYU wins! If they don't, Jordan will become physically ill and the ride home will not be enjoyable. Please, please let BYU win.
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Corn Fest
Posted by Tyler and Shannon at 8:50 AM